So I found this great gluten-free pizza crust in the supermarket a while back and I can’t stop making these personal size square pizzas. Today, I went the Italian route.
Here’s what you’ll need for 1 personal size pizza:
1 gluten-free personal size pizza crust
1 packet of sauce (from the kit) or a few tablespoons of your favourite pizza sauce
1 tablespoon of light olive oil
1 shallot, diced
1.5 cups of rapini, washed and chopped
1/4 cup of water
2 mushrooms, sliced (in only had cremini, but you can use porcini or any other mushroom)
3 slices of prosciutto, torn into thin strips
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Here’s what to do:
- Follow the cooking instructions of your pizza crust for mine you put in the crust on a baking sheet and in a 350°F oven for around 7 minutes and remove from oven.
- In the meantime sautee the shallot in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat with a tablespoon of light olive oil.
- Add the rapini, sautee for about a minute on medium heat until mixed.
- Add water and let it cook for about 7-10 min or until rapini is tender, cover and set aside (drain excess water if any, or add a tablespoon if it evaporated too quickly)
- Spread the sauce on your pizza crust, then layer prosciutto and mushrooms.
- Return to oven for another 10 min.
- Remove pizza from the oven, slice into 4 sections and spoon the rapini evenly onto the 4 pizza slices.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy.
Notice I didn’t put any cheese on it. That’s because I’m dairy intolerant. But you go ahead and put some on at around step 5. Maybe a fresh mozzarella, or Bocconcini. Delicious. I’ll just have to live vicariously through you. Buon appetito.